Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day as a Mrs.

Since B and I went to Wisp this past weekend (and are going to Snowshoe next weekend), we decided to stay in and watch Mad Men, drink wine & eat great food. I had a super amazing plan of making a prime rib roast with potatoes, onions and carrots, salad, wine and dessert.  Well, all would have gone according to plan if teeter would have had prime rib.  Apparently they didn't. But I secretly think that the man in the white butcher robe didn't know what I was asking for.  He was just grabbing hand fulls of shrimp for the rest of the people in line... 

When I got home from the grocery the laundry was started, the dishwasher unloaded and our snow gear was put away.  There was also a certain teal/blue bag containing that special blue/teal box and 2 cupcakes sitting precisely on the dining room table. :) Surprise for sure!! B got me a pair of Tiffany silver ball earrings to match the necklace and bracelet set that I have an wear allll the time. The earrings immediately went in my ears. (I got Brett a puzzle! I made it from one of our honeymoon pictures to remind us what a fab time we had.  It will also give us another activity to do together and then we can frame/hang it up!)



I bought Filet Mignon.  It was so worth it and I'm actually glad they didn't have stupid rib roast. I used my Kitchen Aid mixer (BEST invention ever btw) to make cheddar mashed potatoes.  It was the first time I've used it since B got it for me for my B-day.  I have to admit I was a little intimidated at first- but let me tell you- that is no more.  I will be using this bad-girl for everything!!! Din was delicious. Maybe I can be a housewife ;) .... someday. 


All in all- a fabulous first MARRIED V-day.

I love being a Mrs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment