Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Must Try Harder

It seems as though married life has gotten the best of the blog. I have done a poor job of updating what has been going on in the first 6 months of our new life. FAIL. I am going to try and do a better.  Here's to a new start! ha!

Brett has another new job! He is working for Exponential Consulting. Strayer, his previous employer, is now one of his clients.  I don't really understand all that he does, but in my brain it turns out that he works on upgrading accounting systems for different clients/companies. He is loving his options working from home most days.  I wish I had that luxury, but no, someone has to teach the youth of America how to succeed.

Aside from hibernating this winter and only coming out for snowboarding, I am so happy that it is starting to warm up.  A few weeks ago I went to Charleston with a friend from HS to her bachelorette weekend.  It was so much fun.  We stayed in an amazing house in Isle of Palms, went out to eat, went to bars, saw the beach and showed the bride how much we love her.  I am now a huge fan of Charleston and would love to go back for an extended vacation.  


Spring break was late in April. Brett, Kell, Nick & I went to Duck.  The weather was pretty interesting for the most part.  The second night we were there, there were really horrible tornadoes that ripped through southern VA, parts of NC and the OBX.  Both houses missed getting hit by narrow margins.  Scarborough Lane was hit and so were a few buildings on rt. 158.  We were very lucky that neither of our houses suffered any damage.  After this horrible night, the sun came out and it was beyond beautiful for 3 days.  Then Thurs and Fri it was about 60deg. - def sweatshirt weather. Then of course Saturday was awesome and Brett and I had to leave.  During our SB we went to Tortugas for amazing burgers, ate Duck doughnuts, grilled out, went to Walmart, watched dad paint the living room, went to the beach, cam got groomed (she looks so cute!), watched lots of movies/tv and I tried to get a tan. 


My school has been going through renovation and my classroom has been packed for 2 weeks. We were supposed to move before spring break, 14 days ago, 12 days ago, the Monday over spring break, Wednesday over spring break & yesterday. We Haven't moved yet.  Renovation is semi stressful.  It's a good thing that I'm a great planner (so is my team mate- CL) and due to this we have planned our lessons for the next 2+weeks.  We are so eager to move to our new beautiful classrooms. I'll be posting pics of it as soon as we move! Keep your fingers crossed for a move this Thursday next Monday.

Phew- up to dateish. 
This coming weekend 2 HUGE things are happening.  My 2 dear college friends are getting married. On the same day. So excited and so sad. We can only go to one. I will be anxiously awaiting pics from Anne & Bobby's wedding as we attend Vance & Amanda's.  I love you both and wish we could be in two places at once.  Updates to come. 

Ok. Time to pay my full attention to tonight's 16 & Pregnant. This girl is having twin boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment