Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 5 in first grade

My kids are so cute! I am loving getting to know each and every one of them.  They are so happy, eager to learn, eager to please and just want to be loved. We are busy practicing rules and routines and settling into first grade.  With 29 kiddos rules and routines are probably two of the most important things we focus on.  They need to be practiced over and over and over and over to ensure a smooth 180 days. :)
schedule and essential question bulletin board

calendar math, part of morning meeting


kids working on the owl coloring rubric

we practiced coloring expectations- N S G O

so cute working on her "O"...I will take a pic of her hair when its down. the most adore ringlets


what great work! he even added a branch for the "O" owl to stand on


sitting on the rug for our morning news show

standing for the pledge

2 comments:

  1. Such great pictures! I am glad you are enjoying the joys of teaching! It is very hard work, especially in the beginning...but it will pay off down the road! I am proud of you!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks great, esp the white board ! and it looks like you have a fun brood on your hands! I can't wait to come and visit as long as I can color an owl rubric for myself :)

    and just to let you know I'm either moving or you are getting a new job when my girls get to 1st grade...they are going to need you!!

    ReplyDelete