Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fireplace Cover

So, as you know, I have been OBSESSED with Pinterest.com and have found myself using some any spare moments to browse the millions of fabulous images on this site.  I really don't think there is anything I don't think is kinda cute.  Some things may not be my style, but I haven't seen anything horrible.

All I want to do is craft, re-do, organize, move around and re-hang some things e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. in my house.  I was cleaning out the coat closet and found this beauty. I KNEW I was keeping it for a reason all these years.
Mine is just like this except bronze. I forgot to take an actual pic before it was taken apart
As soon as I saw it a Vegas style light show went off in my brain.  I knew what it would be perfect for.  An earring holder!!!!! I immediately called Kel and told her of this amazing find that I found in my own home!  She was excited too.. especially because there was enough for 2!! She gets one as well.  Brett and I took it apart, then put it back together. This is how it turned out.
Wire mesh already intact! I barely did anything to it!

I need to get a new ribbon for the top- but this one was from a Tiff's box I had lying around..it will work for the meantime. New earring holder fits beyond perfectly in between our two closets in the master.

Ta-Da! I hung a few earrings to see how it would look. I think I like it.
Cost- $0.00
Time- Probably 7 minutes. Maybe 8 if you include tying the bow at the top and hanging the earrings.

2 comments: